Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pastel "Moons & Stars" Baby Shower

pastel_baby_shower_00

This weekend I had the great pleasure of hosting my mother's baby shower for her 4th little bundle of joy! It was a complete blessing to be able to plan her one and this was the very first party I styled myself (so I'm still a beginner), but I had so much fun! :) 

pastel_baby_shower_07

For the entry table (which is what I put most of my effort into), I had a copy of the invitation I designed in a frame. I also had a basket of the guest pins I made.

pastel_baby_shower_09

They were pink & blue so that the guests could choose one to go with what they thought the baby was. The basket I embellished with ribbon. 

The first game was also on the entry table, we filled a big bottle with pastel mints and the guests had to guess how many were inside.

Also on the table, I had the "Wishes for Baby & Words for Mommy" papers I had created. 
The guests filled these out for my mom to read and share with the baby as he/she grew up. 

My aunt had made the little chocolate booties that I added.

And, of course, the table runner was the finishing touch, adding all the pastel colors that went with the theme.
The table runner was provided by the wonderful Nancy of A to Zebra Celebrations!

pastel_baby_shower_08

I handmade all the centerpieces. I think they were my favorite decoration at the party. I worked so hard on them and really thought that I couldn't pull off something that cute!

Of course, I did boys and girls on the top since baby is still not letting us know its secret.

pastel_baby_shower_02

Above the food table, I hung a "Baby Shower" banner provided, once again, by A to Zebra Celebrations.

Decorating was extremely hard since we had the event at our church's fellowship hall and they were very picky about what we could and could not do. 

pastel_baby_shower_06

The cake was done by one of my fabulous friends, Liz, of Imagine It Cake!

She did an absolutely AMAZING job and the guests all LOVED it!

pastel_baby_shower_03

For the gift table, I embellished it with a "Thank You" banner from A to Zebra Celebrations.

pastel_baby_shower_01

My mom seemed to love everything and I was so glad! We had a great turnout! :) 

This is going to be one spoiled baby! ;) 

A huge THANK YOU goes to A to Zebra Celebrations & Imagine It Cake for their help in making this event possible! You two are the absolute best!

No comments:

Post a Comment